Original Release: October 8, 1982 (US)
Directed by: Hal Ashby
Written by: Al Schwartz, Jon Voight
Produced by: Andrew Braunsberg, Robert Schaffel, Edward Teets
Running Time: 120 minutes (Extended Version)
Box Office: $946,461 (US)
Two gamblers must leave New York City after one loses a lot of money. Doing what all gamblers in trouble would do, they hurry to the gambling capital Las Vegas to turn their luck around.
Jon Voight (Alex Kovac), Ann-Margret (Patti Warner), Burt Young (Jerry Feldman), Bert Remsen (Smitty), Jude Farese (Harry), Allen Keller (Joey), Richard Bradford (Bernie Gold).
- Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- This is Angelina Jolie's first movie and and she is credited as Angelina Jolie Voight.
- The picture was filmed in 1980 but not theatrically released for around two years until 1982. So Angelina Jolie was 7 years old.
- Angelina Jolie's mother Marcheline Bertrand has a cameo appearance as "Girl in Jeep".
- Angelina Jolie's brother James Haven was supposed to do the part of Tosh Warner but in last second he didn't do it.
- Theatrical Version - 105 minutes.
- Extended Version/Director's Cut - 120 minutes.
The original version has only been released on VHS and in 2009 the extended version was released on DVD. Jon Voight has described the initial theatrical release as a "crippled version". The studio had apparently demanded that Ashby's film be shortened by fifteen minutes. He and many others involved with the film felt that it could not be made to work properly at that length, and in 2009 the director's cut finally got released.