- Was considered for the role of Kelly Kapowski on Saved by the Bell (1989), which went to Tiffani Thiessen.
- Auditioned to star as Bonnie in The Craft (1996), but the part went to Neve Campbell.
- The role of Alex in Charlie’s Angels (2000) was originally offered to her but she turned it down after admitting she was not a fan of the original series and the part eventually went to Lucy Liu.
- Announced in late 2002 that she was “in talks” to portray the late porn star Linda Lovelace.
- Angelina was also one of the first celebrities to accept an invitation to be one of the bearers of the Olympic Torch during the 2004 Olympic Games, though she was unable to participate due to filming commitments.
- Was attached to Love and Honor in 2004 as Catherine The Great but the project has since been delayed and neither Disney or Angelina are still connected to it.
- Was considered for the role of Natasha Rushman/Black Widow in Iron Man 2 (2010) after Emily Blunt dropped out of the project, but Scarlett Johansson was cast instead.
- In 2011 and untill 2014, Cleopatra was in talks, but it seems like the movie won’t happen. James Cameron was first supposed to direct it but chose to work on another project instead and the movie was rumored to be be based off the Stacy Schiff book Cleopatra: A Life.
“It’s a hard one to get right. It needs to be about something other than sex and jewelry. She was a very complicated leader of a country.”
– Angelina in Vogue 2015
- Was originally cast as Dagny Taggart in Atlas Shrugged: Part I (2011) before being replaced by Charlize Theron, who in turn was replaced by Taylor Schilling.
- Was considered for the role of Ryan Stone in Gravity (2013), but Sandra Bullock was cast instead.